Wednesday 13 August 2008

Rockin' with the Sox: Mike Lowell

Very few Red Sox [team stats] players have a song as nearly associated with them as does third baseman Mike Lowell with Black Sabbath�s �Iron Man.� It�s the song that welcomes him every fourth dimension he stairs to the plate at Fenway.


Ironically, the easygoing Lowell did not pick it himself.


�I in reality got hit in the head in a game and then I went into the stands and made a catch and they played just a clip (of the song),� he recalled with a smile.




�I got a couple of hits that game and I figured, �Let�s go forth it like that.� I haven�t changed it since. So (�Iron Man�) was non my doing, but I don�t judgment it.�


Like so many people, Lowell�s iPod reflects his personal taste, which includes a small bit of everything.


�I got rock, classical rock, salsa, Latin, reggae, hip-hop,� said Lowell, who doesn�t hesitate to judge the Red Sox musical tastemakers. Alex Cora [stats] is the charles Herbert Best, Lowell said.


And the worst?


David Ortiz [stats].


�David plays the same song over and over,� Lowell aforesaid. �The song could be fine, merely not subsequently you hear it 400 times.�





More info